The Petroc

NBA Christmas Day Games

OAKLAND, CA - DECEMBER 25: Santa Claus takes a picture before the Los Angeles Clippers plays the Golden State Warriors on December 25, 2013 at Oracle Arena in Oakland, California. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of Getty Images License Agreement. Mandatory Copyright Notice: Copyright 2013 NBAE (Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images)

NBAE/Getty Images

NBAE/Getty Images

Mike Daly '18, Staff Writer

Top 10 NBA Christmas games of all time: (ranked in order)

• 2004: Heat vs Lakers
  • 1985: Celtics vs Knicks
  • 2012: Thunder vs Heat
  • 2013: Warriors vs Clippers
  • 2000: Trail Blazers vs Lakers
  • 1993: Bulls vs Magic
  • 1984: Knicks vs Nets
  • 2016: Warriors vs Cavaliers
  • 2011: Bulls vs Lakers
  •  2008: Lakers vs Celtics

12:00 – 76ers @ Knicks

Ben Simmons and the 76ers will travel 100 miles up I-95 to take on Kristaps Porzingis and the New York Knicks. This will be the Knicks’ second consecutive appearance on Christmas day.

3:00 – Cavaliers @ Warriors

Lebron James and company will play against the Warriors on Christmas Day for the third time in a row, each being a rematch of the previous year’s Finals. Look for that game to be the premier matchup of the day.

5:00 – Wizards @ Celtics

This game will definitely be chippy as it is a rematch of last year’s Eastern Conference semifinal. Two of the league’s best guards, John Wall and Kyrie Irving, will be going head-to-head during the dinner showcase.  

8:00 – Rockets @ Thunder

James Harden will be going up against his former team as he looks to have an impressive scoring showcase. Russell Westbrook and James Harden each had incredible seasons last year and they hope to replicate it this year as well.

10:30 – Timberwolves @ Lakers

Lonzo Ball and the Lakers play host to Jimmy Butler and the Timberwolves in the nightcap of the Christmas Day games. Last year, the Timberwolves played on Christmas Day against the Thunder and they hope to capture a win on the 25th of December.

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Entertainment

Pulitzer Nominee Rajiv Joseph Shares Writing Tips

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Entertainment

Album Review: Kendrick Excels on the “Black Panther” Album

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Showcase

Pre-Playoff NCAA March Madness Bracket Prediction

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Entertainment

Album Review: G-Eazy Lets Us Behind the Scenes with New Album

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Life at Prep

Prep Dramatics’ “Lord of the Flies”

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Entertainment

Best Films of 2017

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Showcase

The NASL: Swan Song?

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Showcase

Conference Championship Games + Super Bowl Prediction

• NBA Christmas Day Games

Showcase

2018 World Cup: Predictions

• NBA Christmas Day Games

News

Far-Right Party’s Inclusion in Parliament Signals Subtle Shift in German Government

The Student Newspaper of Saint Peter's Prep
NBA Christmas Day Games